Thursday, October 7, 2010

Visit to Foster High School

Last week I wrote that I planned on visiting Foster High School on October 4, 2010.  I had hoped to have some pictures from the visit to post, but did not come away with any pictures.
But, non the less, I am pleased to report that I spent seven periods with Ms Yearby and her students.  This made for a long but overall pleasant day.
I was able to make truffles with each of her classes, visit with them about our culinary arts program, about being a chef and the importance of achieving an education. 
Ms Yearby and her 3rd and 4th period culinary arts class were kind enough to feed me lunch:  lasagna, green beans and a very rich coconut/caramel dessert.
All in all it was time well spent.
Ms Yearby, my thanks to you and your classes for allowing me to visit.

Until next time
Happy Eating
Chef Leslie Bartosh
281.756.3949
chef@alvincollege.edu
http://www.alvincollege.edu/culinaryarts/

No comments:

Post a Comment