The recipe can be found online here: Vegan Pumpkin Pie
I hope you enjoy.
Vegan Pumpkin Pie
Use organic ingredients where possible.
- 1 1⁄2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Frontier® Sea Salt
- 1⁄3 cup cold coconut oil or vegetable shortening
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 3 to 5 tablespoons cold water
- 2 1⁄2 cups cups pumpkin puree
- 1⁄2 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons sorghum syrup or molasses
- 1⁄4 cup coconut cream
- 2 tablespoons Frontier® Arrowroot
- 2 tablespoons Frontier® Organic Cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons Frontier® Organic Vanilla Extract
- 2 teaspoons Frontier® Organic Cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Frontier® Organic Ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Frontier® Organic Nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Frontier® Organic Cloves
Frontier® Co-op has provided this recipe as a suggestion for your use based on commonly available ingredients understood to be "vegan," which we define as not including any meat, fish, egg, dairy, honey or other animal-derived ingredients or by-products.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and have a 9-inch pie pan ready.
- In a food processor, combine flour and sea salt. Add cold coconut oil and pulse until the coconut oil is in small pieces. Add maple syrup, pulsing a few more times until combined. Finally, add 2 tablespoons of water, pulse, and continue to add water 1 tablespoon at a time until dough starts to pull together. Remove from food processor and form dough into a disc.
- On a well-floured surface, roll the dough out to a circle that is slightly larger than the pie pan. Transfer to the pie pan, crimp the edges, and pierce the bottom a few times with a fork. Pre-bake the pie crust for 8 minutes.
- While pie crust bakes, whisk together the ingredients for the filling until well combined. Pour into the pie crust and return to the oven.
- Bake pie for 55 to 60 minutes. Filling should have slightly puffed and be a darker color. Remove from oven and let cool completely before serving.
Note: This pie is best made a day before, giving it ample time to set.
I hope you enjoy.
Until next time:
Bon Appetit Y'all
Chef Leslie Bartosh