Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Tuesday November 17, 2009

It always seems like the pace of life on campus picks up as the semester starts to come to an end and the holidays approach.  I guess this is evidenced in yesterdays activities.  Tuesday, November 17,  I had the opportunity to visit with students enrolled in the Alvin Independent School District, Adapt program.  I visited with them during their lunch hour about being a chef; different dishes I've prepared and like; and the importance of getting an education.  Thanks for all the questions guys.  It really makes a visit go by fast.
I returned to school at 1:50 PM and started working on my lecture notes for my 3:00 PM class.  When that class was over at 4:00 PM, I immediately went to the student center and participated in the Alvin Community College Open House - Career Choices.  The turn out was good and time passed quickly.  I got to visit with some nice people.  Before I knew it, it was 7:00 PM and time to go home. 
I wish to thank all involved in the organization of the event.  The room was laid out well and it was a real treat to have snacks and beverages available.

No comments:

Post a Comment